Last Updated: 15-03-2022
- Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000; and
- Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”)
“Personal Information” is defined under the SPI Rules to mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
The SPI Rules further define “sensitive personal data or information” of a person to mean personal information about that person relating to:
- financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- name, age, address, e-mail, phone number, date of birth, sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- information received by body corporate under lawful contract or otherwise;
- visitor details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter; and
- call data
All the aforementioned information is collectively referred to as “ Personal Information.”
Information that is freely available in the public domain or accessible under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law will not be regarded as sensitive personal data or information.
Cancer Pharmacies does not rent, sell, or share any User’s or visitor’s Personal Information with third parties or non-affiliated companies, except to provide products or services requested by or consented to by the User, or when Cancer Pharmacies has the User’s or visitor’s permission, or under the following circumstances:
- Cancer Pharmacies provides Personal Information to trusted partners and collaborators who work on behalf of or with Cancer Pharmacies under extremely strict confidentiality agreements. Cancer Pharmacies employees and data processors, who will have access to, and are associated with the processing of sensitive personal data or information of Users and visitors shall be obliged to respect the confidentiality of such sensitive personal data and
- Cancer Pharmacies may de-personalize or ‘blind’ a User’s records by deleting any field (such as name, email addresses, phone numbers, aadhar numbers, etc.) that identifies the User. Research and analysis may then be performed on the blinded data without revealing the identity of any of the underlying User(s). The findings of such research and analysis may then be used by Cancer Pharmacies in a manner consistent with the present Privacy
- Cancer Pharmacies may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when the User or visitor visits the Website. These companies may use Personal Information about the User or visitor’s visit to the Website and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to the User or the
- Cancer Pharmacies shall transfer information about the User and the visitor in case Cancer Pharmacies is acquired by or merged with another
Cancer Pharmacies does collect Personal Information like name, e-mail id, address, age, medical records, prescriptions, information provided over the phone, internet protocol (IP) addresses (through cookies) etc. to meet the User’s needs when the User uses the services provided by Cancer Pharmacies through the Website. These data and call records may be recorded on Cancer Pharmacies server and/or on the server of third party which may be hosting Cancer Pharmacies Website as well as its records and data.
Cancer Pharmacies presumes adequate and lawful parental consent in case the Personal Information is shared by a User or visitor under the age of 18 years.
Going forward, Cancer Pharmacies may disclose or transfer visitors or User’s Personal Information to a third party as a part of reorganization or a sale of its assets. Any third party to whom Cancer Pharmacies transfers or sells its assets shall have the right to continue to use the Personal Information that any User or visitor has provided to Cancer Pharmacies.
Cookies and other technologies
Cancer Pharmacies sometimes collects anonymous information from visits to the Website to help provide better customer service. For example, Cancer Pharmacies may keep track of the domains which a visitor or User visits and also measures a visitor or User’s activities undertaken on the Website.Cancer Pharmacies or its affiliates or vendors may use this data to analyze trends and statistics to help Cancer Pharmacies provide better customer service. As a matter of policy, Cancer Pharmacies does not store Personal Information in the cookies.
Cancer Pharmacies maintains the highest levels of confidentiality for this information. Such anonymous information is used and analyzed generally at an aggregate or summary level to help Cancer Pharmacies understand the trends and patterns. When information is tracked at an individual level for those visitors accessing the Website who have not registered withCancer Pharmacies, only the details of the IP address may be captured without capturing such visitor’s Personal Information.
Cancer Pharmacies may send direct mailers to the User at the e-mail address given by the User. The User has the option to opt-out of this direct mailer by way of links provided at the bottom of each mailer or any other means as Cancer Pharmacies deems appropriate. Cancer Pharmacies respects every User’s privacy and in the event that User chooses to not receive such mailers, Cancer Pharmacieswill take all steps to remove the User from the list.
Cancer Pharmacies recognizes the receipt, transmission or distribution of spam e-mails (unsolicited bulk e-mails) as a major concern and has taken reasonable measures to minimize the transmission and effects of spam e-mails in its computing environment. Accordingly, all e-mails received by Cancer Pharmacies are subject to spam check. Any e-mail identified as spam will be rejected and deleted.
. With this measure, along with other technical spam reduction measures, Cancer Pharmacies hopes to minimize the spread and effects of spam e-mails. Cancer Pharmacies reserves the right to reject and/or report any suspicious spam e-mails, to the authorities concerned and/or to the sender of such e- mails, for necessary action, from time to time.
Links to Other Sites
The Website links to other websites may or may not collect Personal Information about the User or visitor. If they do collect such Personal Information, Cancer Pharmacies is not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of those linked websites.
The Website has put stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the Personal Information under Cancer Pharmacies control.
In case the User or the visitor has any questions or grievance or wishes to report any illegal use of Personal Information, please e-mail at
Cancer Pharmacies shall attempt to resolve any issues within a period of 30 days from the receipt of the question, concern, grievance or report.